can't open excel file

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm using window 10 with excel 2013 version. I got some files saved in the computer. When I double click the file name of any excel file, it appears as a small screen next to the short-cut icon at the bottom of the monitor and I can't make it big and edit. How could I fix it? Thanks a lot.

5 Replies

@lcwl5 

With your permission, if I can recommend you, add photos with what you consider to be a problem or with possible references that you think can show a more precise picture of the problem in your description.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Morning. Thanks for your advice. Below is the screen of the problem.my screen with the problemmy screen with the problem

@lcwl5 

Could you please describe your request in more detail, I still don't understand what the problem is with this picture.

Please remember that I am not present in front of your screen and need precise instructions to understand where the problem could be.

I only see the desktop background with a small excel window.

First install all necessary Office updates.

If the problem is not solved with the updates (which could most likely be), please send a message with a more detailed description.

I am unfortunately not the most experienced to recognize problems / concerns with a short description.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thanks a lot. I've fixed it with your update suggestion. Then, after opening windows in safe mode, I could get excel in full screen (no more a small one as shown in the picture). Then I off the "closing whole screen" and successfully accessed the file I can't open before.
Thanks again for your technical advice. :)
I am glad that you came to a solution.

I also wish you a lot of fun with Excel.