Can't find XLOOKUP in SAC-T

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Today, I installed O365 SAC-T and update to version 2002(12527.20278).
But I can't use XLOOKUP function despite the fact that I can use it in Monthly Channel.

I think I understood follow sentence. It doesn’t make sense...
---
A Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) with new features is expected to be released twice a year, in March and September. New features aren't added to Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) at any other time. The features that are included in Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) are features that have been released previously in Monthly Channel.
---

Can someone please assist me...

Thank you kindly for any assistance.

4 Replies
I expect you'll have to wait until September for XLOOKUP to arrive in Semi-annual.

@ninnin8492 

IMHO, citation is clear enough. It says that new functionality is distributed on channel basis, not on builds basis. You may have exactly the same version/build number on Monthly and Semi-Annual channels, new functionality will work on first one and won't be available on second one. Actually you have the code of the new functionality within the build in both cases, but it is activated or not. 

@Jan Karel Pieterse @Sergei Baklan 

Thank you for your quick reply!!

One more quote... from support article.

(https://support.office.com/en-us/article/xlookup-function-b7fd680e-6d10-43e6-84f9-88eae8bf5929?ui=en...)

---
Note: This function is currently available to Office 365 subscribers in the Monthly channel. It will be available to Office 365 subscribers in the Semi-Annual channel starting in July 2020.
---

I believe that SAC-T will be able to use XLOOKUP by July 2020...

"starting in July 2020" does mean that it may take some time before you actually see it enabled on your tenant. I don't know how fast they release it to everyone on the same channel, but I do know it isn't instantly and may take weeks, if not months for everyone to get it.