Can't find table tools - and the help info is not helpful

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to assign header rows to make an excel document accessible. I've watched tutorials and read the MS help docs and they all point me to the Table Tools tab. There is no Table Tools tab in my version of Excel that comes with Office 365. The help article is relatively useless on this subject. Any advice?

6 Replies

HI@adammbs 

to activate the table too you must first convert you date into Excel Tables, keep your data anywhere in the data and press CTRL+T. You will find the table ribbon is activated now.

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more

@adammbs 

Don't remember form which version of Excel, but Table Tools tab in ribbon is changed on Table Design. You'll find practically the same functionality under it.

This didn't work @Faraz Shaikh. It's impossible to find the Table tools. There is no Design tab in Office 365's Excel as others have mentioned Please escalate for assistance. 

@shannonf55104 

In modern interface that's Table Design tab which appears if only you stay within Table.

image.png

@adammbs 

The other thing you should see on the Home ribbon tab within the Styles Group is Format as Table.

image.png

This converts the selected Range to a Table and open Table Design

image.png

where I remove the filters and banded rows.

@Peter Bartholomew Thanks so much, your instructions helped.