can someone help with creating a label spreadsheet for word ?

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create a spreadsheet for making labels for class actitives 

the might have the same activities for 4 different types of information 

eg 

seam type 

wrong side 

right side 

pressed flat

press to single side 

I have tried a couple of different worksheet but I have not had success.

sewing exercise .xlsx

5 Replies
You question is not clear. What output do you expect? If you want to pull data from excel spreadsheet to word and make label then easiest way to use Mail-Merge method.

@Harun24HR  Hi I need to create a worksheet to be able to pull the information from to use in Word mail merge 

I need to create individual records for each of the activities 

Regards Linda 

@linda118 See the attached files. I have created a simple mail merge to pull data from Excel file to Word file.

not quite what I am trying to do the excel spreed is the problem the information is not input right i think I have 4 exercises plain seams and 6 exercises for the next activity and 4 so on I think the list drop downs are the problem I was hoping to automatically update quickly but selecting the activity and what it was eg may it was excersie 1 on the right or may it it was excersie 1 on the wrong side or maybe it is excersie 1 press with seam flat or exercise 1 pressed to the side
or exercise 2 first seam front and first seam back 2nd seam front and back exercise press so on
this is what my word doc looks like https://1drv.ms/w/s!ArxNf9WlgekcjXE47ViR3zNjnUMG?e=LJ72xz
I am not sure how to leave Not Applicate can be left blank or if when i select print it will print the information on one label or if it will print out 1 page per record