Can some fine person help me with a formula?

Copper Contributor

I need help.

I run a baseball league and use basic excel stuff to track stats, rosters, etc, including some vlookups. I’m trying something to make life easier. Can I use a master sheet with data and link that data to go into multiple sheets just by? Each team in the league has a tab for its players and salary. I wanted to use a master sheet with all the players and the players salary and link that to all the 24 team tabs. So if a trade occurs I could go to the master sheet with all the players just switch the teams in that sheet and it will then automatically swap those players in the individual team tabs. Is this possible?

I'm attaching a sheet with 3 tabs, although the sheet I normally use will have more. The first 2 tabs are for "hitting" and "pitcher". Those are the 2 master sheets I want to link to the other 2 tabs "SCR" and "FGB". In those to latter tabs "SCR" and "FGB" you'll see spots for "Name Pitchers", which will be linked to the "pitcher" master sheet and "Name batters", which will be linked to "hitting" master tab. My goal is to be able to go into those 2 tabs, enter a team name abbreviation in the column "ILSBC Team" and that player then jumps from one team to one of the other teams.

In the "pitcher" tab the first guy listed is Fernando Abad. Next to his name there's 3 columns (ILSBC team, Salary, Years). I want to put "FGB" in the "ILSBC Team" column and he'll pop up in the team tab "FGB" or any other team for the matter.

1 Reply

Hi @Coly88 

if you use Microsoft 365/Office 365, there would be an very easy solution for your problem: The FILTER-function.

I have attached a file where I added a new sheet "FGB_NEW". You will find the formulas in cells A9 and A33.

Apart from the fact, that this function is only available in M365, you need to consider that you have to convert the formatted table back to a range, as these new array functions do not work within formatted table (I have this done in my example sheet)

Without M365 I would consider a solution with Power Query.