SOLVED

Calculator Project

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some help with this little project i have.

I'm basically trying to create a calculator for a video game, that they can enter their current level, and the level they want to get to, and it'll will tell them how many actions it will require for them to reach that target.

So based on the sample data i've added and the current requirement to get from level 3 to 6, it needs to pull the data from D3 and add that to D4 & D5, so that it'll tell them how many actions it takes to reach level 6. It also needs to allow for those first parameters to change (cells H5 & I5) so it can pull and calculate much wider or shorter ranges, depending on the two data entries that are entered by the user.

Haven't used excel for a long time and took on this little self project to help me improve my knowledge of it, while also benefitting a community i love being a part of.

I'm using Windows 10 and the most current Microsoft Office build, any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

4 Replies

@WoodyBRUH 

Try

=SUMIFS(D2:D6,A2:A6,">"&H5,A2:A6,"<="&I5)

Hi,

Its extremely close, the result for the sample should be 27 but its outputting 30 for some reason?

I think its adding the difference between the 2 inputs making it output the incorrect value, if theres any way to stop that?

best response confirmed by WoodyBRUH (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@WoodyBRUH Try this than:

=SUMIFS(D2:D6,A2:A6,">"&I5-1,A2:A6,"<="&J5-1)

yep thats done it, appreciate it!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by WoodyBRUH (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@WoodyBRUH Try this than:

=SUMIFS(D2:D6,A2:A6,">"&I5-1,A2:A6,"<="&J5-1)

View solution in original post