Calculating Percentage of a Changing Total

Copper Contributor

Hi!

This is my first post. I made a Manager Nightly Scorecard where each night a manager gets rated in 10 areas with a 0, 1 or 2. I have a SUM total at the end showing the total of those numbers per category, but I would ALSO like to have a percentage of TOTAL calculating daily. The problem is that each day the possible total increases by 2 from the day before. I'd like to show the percentage just after the Total Score on the right. How do I do this?

2 Replies

@eric2501 , what is the percentage here, per cent of Total from what?

@Sergei Baklan 

Thank you for the response! Each day the Possible highest score for the month increases by 2 points. The first day of the month someone could be scored a 0, 1 or 2. If that employee receives a score of 0 out of a possible 2, the percentage of Total at that point would be 0%. If they received a score of 1 that would be a 50%. Each day the total possible changes by increasing another 2 points. If after 5 days an employee receives scores of 1, 2, 1, 2, 0...then their "Percent of Total" would be 60% so far for the month since they received a score of 6 out of a possible 10 points. I already have a simple SUM formula for the Total. Does that make sense? I apologize for not knowing the proper statistical language to ask an intelligent question...I'm kind of shooting in the dark...ha ha.