SOLVED

calculate number of days if cell is empty.

Copper Contributor

columna.png

Hello greetings ! I have an excel with 4 columns, in the first column the identification of the quote is recorded, the second column identifies the date the person received the quote by mail, the third column should be the date the person processed the quote , and in column 4 what I want to do is that if the cell in column 3 is empty, in column 4 it shows the number of days that have passed until today without processing the quote, that is, if column 3 is empty it What I require is that you tell me how many days have passed, taking as a reference the start date that appears in column 2. Is it possible to do it? I tried and couldn't, if someone can help me that would be great.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Jhonny97or (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jhonny97or Suppose we are looking at row 1, then the formula in D1 could be

=IF(ISBLANK(C1),TODAY()-B1,"")
Thank you very much, it was what I needed

@Riny_van_Eekelen  please can you tell me what the formula is used here, I cannot see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtC-A8UPnIE&list=LL&index=2

About 2 minutes into the video 

Much appreciated.

@Prish_M Not sure why you ask, but at 2 minutes into the video the formulas uses structured table references that take the close date minus the open date in the current row of the table. The "current" row is indicated by the @ sign.

Screenshot 2022-08-16 at 21.12.41.png

Just saw you know a lil more about this than me ;-), I was struggling to see the formula on this youtube video. Thanks for the guide, appreciated.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jhonny97or (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jhonny97or Suppose we are looking at row 1, then the formula in D1 could be

=IF(ISBLANK(C1),TODAY()-B1,"")

View solution in original post