Bulk Updating Woocommerce Product Data

Copper Contributor

I'm building a digital download photo website and have downloaded the wc-product" CSV UTF-8 database as a CSV files from my WooCommerce "Products">"Downloadable section. Instead of entering thousands of image file names and their image download URL's one by one, I intend to use the import/export tool within WooCommerce to add the filenames and corresponding URL's in bulk. While I do have 2 product categories, the one I'm working on presently is "Vintage Football Photos" - column "D" on the worksheet. I noted that each record for the images added for the downloadable product contains the "Download name" and the Download URL for each image and is numbered consecutively that is to say, Download 1 name, Download 2 URL and so on across the worksheet (colored fields beginning with "AU').

In creating the CSV for uploading/updating the downloadable products, what should I name the columns for the new items/data I'm adding and updating? When updating will the  "wc-products" CSV or database automatically add the new records, numbering them sequentially as is the exported source file? The feature in WooCommerce allows me to bulk update using a CSV file and specify which fields to import/update. I would appreciate any insight you can provide. The original source CSV is provided.

0 Replies