Born Again Excel Newbie! Help please with formula

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have not used Excel for over 15 years, feels like a past life, and I think it must have gone through many many versions since I last worked with it.

I now own a gift shop and represent lots of other artists.  I have a spreadsheet I use to keep track of daily sales.  I then manually copy each entry row over to the artist's own page in the same workbook.  Is there a way to do this with a formula?  I have nested formula in the worksheet already but cannot figure this one out!

Is this the sort of question that is allowed in the forum?

I am utterly stuck!

Take care

Kes

1 Reply

@OceanGlass 

To answer your questions in reverse order:

1. Is this the sort of question that is allowed in the forum? It's absolutely the place to ask questions such as this.
  2. I then manually copy each entry row over to the artist's own page in the same workbook. Is there a way to do this with a formula? I have nested formula in the worksheet already but cannot figure this one out! There are several ways to do this. A question for you: what version of Excel do you have? I'm going to assume (since your working with artists) that you're on a Mac. My version of Mac Excel, when I click on the main menu "Excel...About Microsoft Excel" comes up with the image below, telling me I've got version 16.40. This is important because there are features in the most recent that could be very helpful to you with this particular question you've asked.
  3. mathetes_0-1598548932802.png
  4. I have a spreadsheet I use to keep track of daily sales. Would you  be able to post a copy of that spreadsheet, or a good representative sampling of it, just taking care first to remove any actual names or other identifiable data. Use names like "Mickey Mouse, Luke Skywalker, Wonder Woman..." whatever...
  5. I have not used Excel for over 15 years, feels like a past life, and I think it must have gone through many many versions since I last worked with it. Welcome to the club. I retired 18 years ago and was at the time (in the eyes of many colleagues at any rate) a "power user." But oh, my...even though I stayed active in using Excel for my own purposes--tracking investments and the like--when I stumbled on this techcommunity website last October I was quickly blown away by all the changes I'd been unaware of.

Anyway...bottom line...if you could post a copy of the spreadsheet you've developed, after rending all names anonymous, I or one of the many other true experts can give you some help.