SOLVED

Blocked from Using STOCKHISTORY Function Though Signed In

Copper Contributor

I'm using Microsoft Excel for MAC version 16.51 on a MacBook Pro 2020 with the M1 Chip.

Have a Microsoft 365 Family account.

When attempting to use the STOCKHISTORY function, I get an error message

"not signed in". What fixes this problem?

Thanks,

Timothy Sharp

12 Replies
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Magic960 

You are running into error because your are not signed into you Microsoft Office account, the STOCKHISTORY feature is exclusively available for subscription users.

If you are already a subscription user then make sure you are signed in into you account 

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer & like it to help the other members find it more.

Thanks Faraz! That’s just it, I am signed in to my account which according to the requirements Microsoft 365 Family should be able to use STOCKHISTORY.

Tim
Realize now using the web-based Excel the function will work. Desktop version or does not work even when signed in. Thanks for your help.

@Faraz Shaikh I recently purchased a subscription for Windows 11 MS Office Professional Plus and I am clearly signed in and have added the add in - yet my first attempt using an older spreadsheet that was on my older pc - its set of basic stockhistory function calls shows #BLOCKED!  The triangle icon shows 'license is required'. I tried with a new workbook as well - shows same deal. What do I need to do next?

BTW that's Office Professional Plus 2021

@Faraz Shaikh I have subscribed for office 365 yet "stockhistory" and such other functions are not active/enabled.  how to get them enabled / activated for my use.

Thanks & Regards

@Faraz Shaikh I have a similar problem. I have been using "stockhistory" for a long time, updating at the end of the day. Yesterday I started getting the message about needing to sign in from an account with a subscription. At the top of the Excel page it shows that I am signed in. We have an Office 365 family account. I have signed out and back in again but continue to get the same message. Is there somewhere else I need to sign in?

After using the stockhistory function without a problem for more than a year I am now unable to update the stock price information.  I am logged into my valid Microsoft account.  The message I keep getting tells me to log in into an account I am already logged into.  Help!!!

@M_J_Palomo I had the #BLOCKED message yesterday too. Just restart your computer and sign in Excel with your user name and password; then, Stockhistory function will work again. 

Good luck!

@Vega2677 Thanks for well wishes.  Turning off overnight and restarting in the morning did not change the situation.  Logging out and logging back in did not change the situation.  I don't have any information about whether it could be something my wife has or has not done on her system but she did report seeing a notification that there was a problem but she couldn't shut down at that moment to fix it.  Perhaps tomorrow will make it all look trivial. Ha!

It took a couple more days before the function began to work as it historically had worked. To our our knowledge we did nothing on our end that changed anything.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Magic960 

You are running into error because your are not signed into you Microsoft Office account, the STOCKHISTORY feature is exclusively available for subscription users.

If you are already a subscription user then make sure you are signed in into you account 

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer & like it to help the other members find it more.

View solution in original post