Blocked Content Message

Copper Contributor

I am attempting to work on an Excel spread sheet that is located in Dropbox. I am receiving a message "Blocked Content Macros in this document have been disabled to help keep you safe." It is a trusted document. How do I unblock it?

3 Replies

HI @Paul_Green 

click on enable macro, if you don't find the enable macro then follow the steps

File > Option > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Macro Settings > Disable Macro With Notification

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official Answer to help the other members find it more.

@Faraz Shaikh 

I am having a similar problem.  We have an Excel file in a Dropbox folder.  I am able to open it and run the macros.  However, another person, opening the same file from their computer, receives the message that the macros are blocked to keep you safe.  There is no button to allow the macros to run.  In the Trust center settings, we both have block but notify selected.  However, because the other person couldn't get the macros to run on her computer, she had setting at run all macros.  Still, the message comes up when she opens the file and there is no way to run the macros.  This is Office 365.

To clarify, earlier she had it set to run all macros. Now, it's set to block but notify, like mine.