Averageifs (the average for the past 3 months)

Copper Contributor

=averageifs(Inf_Sales_Data!P:P,Inf_Sales_Data!B:B,{$G$216,$H$216,$I$216},Inf_Sales_Data!T:T,{"Feedpost","Reel","Short","Short 2"})

My question is whether the syntax of this formula is correct. I am saying:

The average of cost (Inf_Sales_Data!P:P) if the month (Inf_Sales_Data!B:B) matches one of these values $G$216, $H$216, or $I$216 (which are the previous 3 months) and the content type (Inf_Sales_Data!T:T) is either a "Feedpost","Reel","Short","Short 2". 

Corrections are welcome :) 

5 Replies

@WishIWerentAN00b 

No, that won't work. For one thing, it is not possible to specify cell references in an array {...., ...}. Moreover, AVERAGEIFS doesn't understand that you want to use the arrays as OR conditions.

Try this - adjust the ranges, but preferably don't use entire columns.

=AVERAGE(IF(((Inf_Sales_Data!$B$2:$B$250=$G$216)+(Inf_Sales_Data!$B$2:$B$250=$H$216)+(Inf_Sales_Data!$B$2:$B$250=$I$216))*((Inf_Sales_Data!$T$2:$T$250="Feedpost")+(Inf_Sales_Data!$T$2:$T$250="Reel")+(Inf_Sales_Data!$T$2:$T$250="Short")+(Inf_Sales_Data!$T$2:$T$250="Short 2")),Inf_Sales_Data!$P$2:$P$250))

If you don't have Microsoft 365 or Office 2021, confirm the formula with Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

@WishIWerentAN00b 

That should work:

=LET(
  crit,--(ISNUMBER(XMATCH(Inf_Sales_Data!B:B,{$G$216,$H$216,$I$216}))+ISNUMBER(XMATCH(Inf_Sales_Data!T:T,{"Feedpost","Reel","Short","Short 2"}))>=1),
  IFNA(SUM(crit*Inf_Sales_Data!P:P)/SUM(crit),0)
)

@brunomerola, doesnt work unfortunately :\
@Hans Vogelaar thanks, once again!
I understand the logic, thanks for the description.
Unfortunately your formula returns a divided by 0 error.
I cannot understand why in this case.

@WishIWerentAN00b 

Did you confirm the formula with Ctrl+Shift+Enter?

Could you attach a sample workbook (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar? Alternatively, you can attach it to a private message to me. Thanks in advance.