SOLVED

Available Kms per week

Brass Contributor

Hi all. I am a coordinator who works with people with disability. One of the sticky problems is tracking available Kms for these participants each week. Commonly these participants are allocated a budget for travel for the extent of their service agreement and that is divided by the amount of weeks available in that agreement. But travel is a very inconsistent variable. I have attached a spread sheet that has sample data with the piece I can't work out highlighted. We have support workers daily calling in to ask if travel is available this week and it has been a constant struggle to give an accurate answer. Any help is appreciated. The attachment has some simple formulas within it. All data is fictional.

5 Replies

@Cambosity100 

Try this and see if this returns the desired output.

In B3

=E8-SUMPRODUCT((WEEKNUM(--(B7:B100))=WEEKNUM(B2))*(C7:C100))

@Subodh_Tiwari_sktneer 

Thankyou for looking. Unfortunately the formula only returns the same figure for Kms per week and is not affected by new input.... I have attached a reformatted spreadsheet with your formula inserted to hopefully highlight the issue  :)

best response confirmed by Cambosity100 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Cambosity100 

You did not adjust the input ranges in the formula.

The input columns are columns G:H, right? Therefore the formula in G3 should be...

=B7-SUMPRODUCT((WEEKNUM(--(G2:G100))=WEEKNUM(B2))*(H2:H100))

You may adjust the input ranges G2:G100 and H2:H100 as per your requirement.

I have inserted one new record and the formula returned the balance kms correctly. Please refer to the attached.

Sorry for being so slow in thanking you .I have been away from my laptop. I appreciate your time very much :)
You're welcome @Cambosity100!
No worries, that's completely fine.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Cambosity100 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Cambosity100 

You did not adjust the input ranges in the formula.

The input columns are columns G:H, right? Therefore the formula in G3 should be...

=B7-SUMPRODUCT((WEEKNUM(--(G2:G100))=WEEKNUM(B2))*(H2:H100))

You may adjust the input ranges G2:G100 and H2:H100 as per your requirement.

I have inserted one new record and the formula returned the balance kms correctly. Please refer to the attached.

View solution in original post