Autorun a Subroutine when MS Data Streamer update Data In Sheet

Copper Contributor

Hi to all the members, 

My name is Giacomo Farfara, I’m an electronical engineer and for about 6 months I’m working with Excel and the plugin MS Data Streamer. 

I’m here to ask the community for some help with running a subroutine when the Data Streamer updates the data.

Let me explain better.

When you are using the Data Streamer tool, it updates a sheet called "Data In" with the value received by the COM port.  That's wonderful.

The row is like in the picture in the attachment. 

That's what I like to do but I never succeed: 

When cell A8 , where there is the time of the received data, changes it's value I would like to call a subroutine. 

I tried some more famous methods like :

Worksheet_Calculate ---> doesn’t work for me because I don't do a calc when the data stream updates the row.

Worksheet_Change --> doesn’t work for me because I’m not changing the A8 value but it’s the tool that changes it.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim KeyCells As Range ' The variable KeyCells contains the cells that will ' cause an alert when they are changed. Set KeyCells = Range("A1:C10") If Not Application.Intersect(KeyCells, Range(Target.Address)) _ Is Nothing Then ' Display a message when one of the designated cells has been ' changed. ' Place your code here. MsgBox "Cell " & Target.Address & " has changed." End If End Sub

Simple Check Value subroutine --> I couldn't keep the routine running for constantly checking the value of A8.

Can you please give me a hand? I would really appreciate it.

Hoping in an answer,

GF 

Data-Streaming.png

0 Replies