Automatically filling one sheet when updating another sheet

Copper Contributor

Context:

1) I am working on two sheets within the same workbook. the took sheets are named, "tutorial master list" and "tutorial attendance". There will 3 "Tutorial attendance" sheets eventually as I have 3 different subjects altogether but I am just working on one and once I have managed to overcome the roadblock, I will duplicate the same for the other two.

2) "Tutorial master list" contains the name list of students who have enrolled for all the different subjects and the information such the name of the primary school the student is studying at, their grade levels, and the tutorials they have enrolled for (1 column - chinese, 1 column math, 1 column english) - using a drop down menu for these options. The purpose of this master list is for general reference and house keeping only.

What I want to achieve:

1. To automatically reflect/pull out/update the student's name list on "Tutorial Attendance" sheet whenever I update the "Tutorial masterlist", for each subject.

What I've tried:

1. Array - it still pulls out all the names whether the student has enrolled for Chinese (ref "Tutorial masterlist".

Need help.

1 Reply
It would be easier to decipher the formulas you need if you attach your sample file.