Automatic Text Transfer

Copper Contributor

Hello, I am trying to get assignments from my agenda to automatically be inputted into my grade tracker that corresponds to the subject. It should make more sense if you look at the spreadsheet I have attached. I was hoping to use a lookup function or something like that to look at the column of grade names to see if the entry in my agenda has already been added to the list. If it is, then I want it to just stay blank and wait for a new entry to then check if that entry has been added to the list and if it has not, then I want it to be that text. Now, I want to make that value from the formula permanent so I would record a macro that copys and pastes all of the values in order to make them permanent, but that would make all of the formulas that are currently in there go away, so I was thinking that I could have the macro then copy and paste the formula back in from somewhere else after setting the values in stone. 

So in summary, if anyone can figure out how to get the formula to check the column for the class to see if the assignment in my agenda has been added already and to give the correct outputs, then I can figure out the rest.

0 Replies