Automatic Row Addition

Copper Contributor

I have a relatively simple mileage log that does some automatic calculations. Basically, all I need to do is fill in a date and the ending mileage and everything is calculated.

I've also created the spreadsheet so that rows add to the bottom of it automatically.

The problem is when I switch into Protect Sheet ( to protect the automatic calculations), it won't add rows to the bottom of the worksheet any longer. Is there a way to make that happen?

Thanks, ned

4 Replies

@Ned_O 

I don't really know what your plans are, because you haven't inserted a file (without sensitive data).

But it is possible to do this in different ways. Lock / unlock with VBA code or with single cells.

As I said, without a file (without sensitive data) where you explain your plans exactly,

it would be very time-consuming.

It would be advantageous to know the Excel version and operating system.

Here is some information on how you can best present your project,

so you will get a much faster and more accurate answer that best suits your project.

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thanks, NikoolinoDE. I've added the file.

I'm simply wanting additional rows to appear at the end when I tab forward. This only happens when I'm not Protecting the Sheet.

I'm not sure what "Lock / unlock with VBA code or with single cells" means.

Thanks! ned
Thanks for the file that makes it a lot easier.
But please mark all cells that you would like to have blocked with a yellow background. So I can unlock all other cells for you and lock the yellow ones.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

I've yellowed the protected cells. I protected them from FORMAT CELLS.

The problem is once I turn on Protect Sheet, I can no longer automatically add rows to the bottom of the sheet. Instead, it goes back to the top.

Thanks,

ned