SOLVED

automatic entry of data from a cell on one worksheet to different cell on another worksheet

Copper Contributor

Hi there,  I have a number of worksheets in one workbook that serve different purposes but uses a lot of the same information.  How can I programme excel to duplicate information in a cell on sheet 1 to a selected cell on sheet 2 and sheet 3?  I do not want to keep copying and pasting.  I know how to insert information on sheet 1 to the same cell on sheet 2 but not to a different cell.

5 Replies

@Roz_Baldie66 

Hello I hope I can help you

=Sheet1!A2 this formula replicates what is written in A2 from Sheet1

It means that you can use a formula on your worksheets to refer a value of a lets say "main worksheet".

Sometime it is boring to do it manually in each worksheet, but if you select more than 1 worksheet and type a formula, this formula will also be replicated to all selected worksheets saving a lot of your time.

@Juliano-Petrukio Hi there, thank you for your quick response.  The issue I have is duplicating from Sheet1!A2 to Sheet2!B3 and to Sheet3!D7

I want to be able to type information onto one sheet and for it to be duplicated onto other sheets but specific cell locations not the same location.

I hope this makes sense.

Can you help?

regards

best response confirmed by cuong (Microsoft)
Solution

@Roz_Baldie66 

Check if the sample worksheet attached is what you are looking for.

That is so good to hear from you.
Please don't forget to mark as Official/Best Answer to help the other members find it too. If you think I deserve a like for this answer, hit the like button.
Thank you
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by cuong (Microsoft)
Solution

@Roz_Baldie66 

Check if the sample worksheet attached is what you are looking for.

View solution in original post