Automatic change the correct numbering in cells

Copper Contributor

Hello,

thanks for the fast and easy problem solving on my last request.

Here i got another problem, where i cant find any solution:

EberleinHE_0-1637240586224.png

When i insert a new cell between 2.5 and 2.6, it shows up like this:

EberleinHE_1-1637240710264.png

then I have to manually change the correct numbering, i.e. the following numbers from cell A30.

Is there a possibility to set the whole thing continuously, so that when a new cell is created, this happening automatically for example 2.5 and the rest is automatically adjusted to 2.6, 2.7 and so on?

Thanks in advance.

10 Replies

@EberleinHE 

Automatisches Nummerieren von Zeilen

Im Gegensatz zu anderen Microsoft Office-Programmen gibt es in Excel keine Schaltfläche, über die Daten automatisch nummeriert werden können. Sie können Datenzeilen aber einfach fortlaufende Nummern hinzufügen, indem Sie das Ausfüllkästchen ziehen, damit eine Spalte mit einer Reihe von Zahlen ausgefüllt wird, oder indem Sie die Funktion ZEILE verwenden.

Hoffe das ich Ihnen mit diesen Informationen/Links weiterhelfen konnte.

NikolinoDE

Ich weiß das ich nichts Weiß (Sokrates)

Hallo @NikolinoDE,

danke für die Rückmeldung. Geht das auch nicht mit einer VBA-Programmierung o. Ä.?

Das verstehe ich nicht: Sie können Datenzeilen aber einfach fortlaufende Nummern hinzufügen, indem Sie das Ausfüllkästchen ziehen, damit eine Spalte mit einer Reihe von Zahlen ausgefüllt wird, oder indem Sie die Funktion ZEILE verwenden. Kannst du mir das genuauer erklären?

Danke.

BUMP, still got no idea how to realize this.

@EberleinHE 

@EberleinHE 

Here is an approach

Thank you for your patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Hi @NikolinoDE,

thanks! But it doesnt work. If i change 3 for example with 4, it switches automaticly back to 3.
Also, the numbers dont start with the exact row like in your sheet.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance..
does anyone have a solution? TIA.
The automatic numbering only works when you insert lines, not when you manually intervene between the numbering.
If you insert new lines between the numbering, you will see that the additional lines are automatically inserted in the order and the numbering is shifted.

Hope that you can understand the inserted VBA code with this information.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

@NikolinoDE 
thanks a lot! It worked fine on your sheet, but on my it dont work:

EberleinHE_0-1638118588990.png

Maybe its because its numbered with 1.1, 1.2 and so on?
You see the empty line between 1.1 and 1.2..
Maybe you can help me here?

Thanks in advance.

@EberleinHE 

Sorry for the late reply, but private obligations were my priority during this time.

Nevertheless, I have not forgotten your request :)).

Enclosed here again with a sub-table in a tenth (0.1) range.

You can insert lines between the numbers where they are automatically divided into tenths.

After inserting the line, please click elsewhere, so the sub-count can also appear.

The only drawback in this VBA code is you have to enter the basic numbering manually in advance. Doing it with VBA might not be that beneficial,

but you probably know better than I what you need for your project :).

I also wish you a lot of fun and success with Excel.