Automate refresh all connections excel in Sharepoint folder

Brass Contributor

Hi everyone, how can I automate the data refresh connection everytime there's an update on my worksheet and file is being uploaded on a sharepoint folder. Thanks in advance :)

rbalza_0-1657763824972.png

4 Replies

Hi @rbalza 

I guess there is no way to do this only with Excel functionality. Within Excel, for every query or connection you could set only an automatic refresh during file open or every X minutes:

Martin_Weiss_0-1657780369412.png

To monitor a Sharepoint folder, you probably have to look into tools like Power Automate.

Hi @Martin_Weiss, thanks for taking the time on this. Yep that's what I did on desktop and upload it in Sharefolder. Unfortunately, that refresh thing is not working on cloud was it? Current work around is that I used power automate to notify me when somethings change and then ill go back in the folder to refresh it (manually haha)..

Hi @rbalza 

well, a manual change after an automatic information is better than nothing... (just kidding)

Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of experiences with Power Automate, but from I would be really surprised, if it does not work on Sharepoint files. I hope, some other readers have more answers for you.

I have a similar issue, the automate update only works for queries within the sheet at the moment. Looks like more options are in development