auto update rows of data across sheets

Copper Contributor

i am trying to automate some data on our yearly rosters but we have some personal information in the first few coloms of every work sheet and at the end of every sheed. (every mounth is a sheet.) i have tried to auto reference everything using vlookup to sheet 1 (januari) so when i alter personal information on sheet 1 it updates the others. this worked but it does not add it to all the other rows.
the people using the roster do not know anything more than how to use a mouse and kayboard so i can not use a to complicated system if they want to add new names.

the idea would be that: they can add new names to sheet one and it automaticly copy's the newly added data to all the other 11 sheets.

another option i had in mind (but no idea on how it would work): they select the mounth from a dropdown list and it automaticly changes G10 to ak60 (the area whare the days are shown) they would be able to alter it and the source information would also be altered so when it is saved the next time they select the mounth the data is visible again. (no idea if that is possible since the G10 to ak60 area would be made out of formula's. and the size of the area may differ in the ammount of colloms depending on the mounth and after the area is 4 more coloms of personal data)

any tips/idea's on how to solve this?
p.s. i am using excell 2016

1 Reply

@comando07 

With your permission, if I can recommend you, add a file (without sensitive data) or pictures to your project.

Explain your plans in relation to this file/picture.

No one reads word problems for so long, not even at school :)).

So you can get a solution that is tailored to your needs much faster.

At the same time, it is much easier for someone who wants to help to understand the subject.

A win-win situation for everyone.

* Knowing the Excel version, operating system and storage medium would also be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)