AUTO PRINT

Brass Contributor

Hi all

I have this issue 

I know how to do some code for it but would like someone to maybe help whit it 

I need to print 10-120 label at once  but each time its different quantity

I have made some vba for it to print certain amount of labels 

But would like to just pas it in and the vba auto detect how many is there and print out  that amount

I have attached a file 
if someone could help i would appreciate it 
Thank You in advance 

13 Replies
I can't help with VBA.
I do wonder why you're not using Excel as the data source and Word's MailMerge as the way to print. That whole process is designed to print the number of labels that are there to be printed. You're re-inventing the wheel to do it some other way.
HI @Rajesh_Sinha

Can you maybe have a look at this
and maybe have any idea how to do it

After I've examined the attached file the Macros you are using are copying cell value from column F and pasting in F12 then printing entire sheet rather than the SLIP,, I guess the SLIP is in the right most part having SKU and others,,, but is ONLY ONE,,, So my questions is,,,
1. How far I'm correct.
2. If I'm not wrong then actually you want to print variable number of copy of the SLIP!

If yes please confirm then I'll show you how to do this.

hi
yes after i copy the slp from F14 to F12 then the
then its pulls it to S19 and fills all the areas there then printing that label templet
my biggest problem is that we get different amount of slp every time
i would like to get rid of all the buttons print1 print2 print3 ....
and just have one button print and its automatically detect how many is there
beikme ,,,

Through my last post I've already written to you about the possibility,,,

if you want to print variable nu of copy of the slip then I can suggest a macro.

Please confirm.

Rajesh Sinha.

@Rajesh_Sinha 

Hi

I attached a file 

I can get from 1-150 different slp's 

so i would need something that wold recognized how many slps are  and print that many times It would only print from P11-U27 as thats the print area 
and i would have some formulas to pull the rest of the info in there sa code,jrs ...

Can you explain why you've not investigated using Microsoft Word's MailMerge capability, using your Excel database as a source. It's practically tailor made to do what you want to do, and frankly gives a lot more flexibility in the layout of the final print....you could be printing those on pre-cut labels, the whole bit. As I said back at the start, you're re-inventing a wheel that's already been created, tested, proven effective....and having difficulty in the process.
Okay ,,, give me some time,, by tomorrow I'll post the solution ☺
Hi
The reason is that we have to use excel and I'm more comfortable using it
Thank You
My dear @beikme still I'm highly confused that what exactly you are trying to print since there is no P11-U27 each button is printing the SKU code,,,, honesty I'm unable to realize the issue so that can't solve it,, feeling sorry for that!!
Mail Merge USES Excel. And I question how comfortable you are, given that it hasn't worked yet.... Are you required to use Excel for the whole process, or just to use it? So I will repeat the question, why don't you at least investigate MailMerge through Word, USING Excel as the source? -- it works well and far more easily than your experience to date with Excel by itself. Excel is great, but there are some tasks where the two together are even better.

But that's the last time I'll suggest it, so you needn't even answer.