Auto populating and increasing table/gantt chart

Copper Contributor
Morning All,

Apologies I'm not too sure on the terminology so don't know whether this has been asked before or what to refer to it as and struggling to find anything through Google.

I am looking to create a Gantt chart in excel where the project list (rows) is fed by two tables (a local projects list and a national projects list) on a separate worksheet in the excel document.

I would then like the calendar to be displayed by month but if possible I would like to then split each month by teams as I'm looking to show impact from each project on each team in any given month. I would like to have the division of teams in each month also fed from a separate table.

What I am looking to create is a template where each area can input local projects and what teams they have in their areas; which would then automatically feed into the Gantt chart so that you could continually update team lists and projects list which would automatically adjust the Gantt chart or a separate tab.

Is this possible? How would I even begin?! I have attached a brief sketch of what I am looking for which in case I have just rambled on!

Thanks in advance.
1 Reply

Microsoft has a Template for Gantt Project Planning.  If you go to File > New > Type in Gantt project planner into the search box that says "Search for online templates".  It won't be exactly what your looking for...but it should get you close.  The type of file you reference would need to be custom made...

Gantt.png