Auto populate Hyperlinks in by dragging down a cell in office 365

Brass Contributor

I want to drag a cell down auto populating each next cell.  Ex.... MJN1001 through MJN1100... no problem, excels will allow this by the copy feature.  Each cell needs to hyperlink into a folder that matches each number MJN1001 through MJN1100.  If I set the first cell to MJN1001, the next cell becomes MJN1002, however, the hyperlink is still MJN1001.  How do I get the hyperlink to auto populate, as I drag it down the column?

5 Replies

@Budman36 

If your first hyperlink is in cell A2 that could be like

=HYPERLINK("file://c:\MJN" & (1000+ROW()-ROW($A$1)))

@Sergei Baklan 

Hello Sergei,

Your idea worked... part way.  I played with this, and got the hyperlink too populate, but it won't open the files.   The files are stored on a OneDrive.  Would that matter?   Here is an example of what I did.  I changed the directory names for security reasons, but the idea is the same. 

=HYPERLINK("C:\Users\John Smith\OneDirve-ABC Company. INC\ABC Folder\"&'Formula Page'!B107&"",Formula Page'!B107)

I have a hidden page on the ABC Folder that I call "Formula Page".  In this page I have all my folder numbers listed, so it displays the number on my main page vs. the hyperlink code. 

@Budman36 

It shall work with synced OneDrive folder. I played with my one:

=HYPERLINK("C:\Users\Sergei\OneDrive - ABC Inc\" & 'Formula Page'!B8,'Formula Page'!B8)

it opens the folder named in 'Formula Page'!B8 (e.g. Documents)

@Sergei Baklan 

Thank you.  I realized why it wasn't working when I saw your code.  I had the wrong file directory.   Sometimes a fresh look gets you to see what is in front of you. 

thank you!

@Budman36 , you are welcome, glad to help