Auto populate data from another sheet with a stop point.

Copper Contributor

Hi.

I am not sure if what I want to do is possible, and I have had a good look around with very little luck, so please bear with me if what I am saying sounds crazy.

I have a spreadsheet which tracks the training of individuals in my company. I have a master sheet with staff member's names on and when they completed a certain course. But, I want to track individual components of a course, so I have set up a new sheet to do this. 

What I want to do is auto populate the list of names over in the new sheet, but I want to stop at a certain point.

The main Groups sheet have the 5 staff groups in the company. At the end of each group I have a line to show compliance, for example the staff group called NEPTS has a cell at the bottom with the value NEPTS Compliance % =Groups!A3 &"" - I have used this value on a summary page using the MATCH function, so it is required.

On the NEPTS sheet I am just using a direct reference to the cell I want a name carried across from, so for instance the first cell has the formula =Groups!A3 &""

However, I want to be able to pull across all the names of this group but have Excel stop when it gets to the NEPTS Compliance % value, or more ideally, the first NULL - this will allow me to add new rows to the Groups sheet without the need to add extra rows in to the NEPTS sheet.

I do hope the above makes sense - I am not great at Excel, and some of the bits in my document are copied over from other spreadsheets that do the same thing (just in case you thought I might actually know what I am talking about!) 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Darren

1 Reply
I realize the is going to be work for you, but although your description seems thorough, it's really hard to visualize what you're saying adequately. Would you be willing to spend the time to create a copy of the workbook you have now but one in which you've replaced all the real names with, oh, names of Disney or Star Wars characters? Seeing the actual workbook helps make your words make sense, and allows those of us who might be able to help to actually work with the "real" or almost real thing.