Auto Highlight an entire row - Eg: if you are D10 the entire row is highlighted.

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to highlight the entire row? For example, if you are moving from cell to cell, the cell you are in, the row is highlighted.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael 

8 Replies

Hi @Hathaway7 

you can highlight a complete row with keyboard shortcut Shift+Blank Shift+SpaceBar (press and hold Shift-key, then press space bar)

To highlight a complete column, you would use Ctrl+Blank Ctrl+SpaceBar

@Hathaway7 

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

Dim rngBereich As Range

Application.EnableEvents = False

Set rngBereich = Range("A:XFD")

If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then GoTo done

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, rngBereich) Is Nothing Then

Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6

End If

done:
Application.EnableEvents = True
Exit Sub

End Sub

Maybe with the worksheet selection change event. In the attached file you can select any cell in the worksheet and the entire row is highlighted.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I do not have a blank key on my ASUS laptop. Is there any other options?
Thanks for your reply. Your file highlights each row permanently. All I want to do is highlight the row I am on, so I move to a different row; the previous highlight disappears, so you only highlight the row you are on.

@Hathaway7 

I had the same request years ago, and stumbled on this very inexpensive Excel addin that does what you are looking for along with a slew of other cool helpful functions. Worth the price of admission.

Its called Kutools. They also have addins for other office programs as well. 

This is the website: https://www.extendoffice.com/product/kutools-for-excel.html

Here is a screenshot of what you see as you navigate from cell to cell. This one highlights the column as well. Like a crosshair. I have found some vba scripts, but they all ruin any formatting you have, and because this addin is inexpensive and performs many other great time saving functions, its so worth it.

JStaunton_0-1655904179693.png

Yes, you are right. I meant the Space Bar ;)