SOLVED

Attendance tracker

Brass Contributor

I am looking for an attendance tracker where points drop after 1 year automatically. I found a few forms online but cant really make it work for a team of hundred employees. 
Has someone used a tracker or recommend one .I found these two but not sure how to make them work to fit my needs .

12 Replies

@Xeryar What do you mean by "....where points drop after 1 year automatically." ?

Templates you find on-line are OK if you use them as they are. They are often very difficult to adjust to specific needs. The first one is certainly not one of my favorites. The other one I haven't seen before.

I mean if there is a formula we can put in place that changes 1 to 0 same date next year if applied daily

@Xeryar Still don't know what you mean. Sorry!

i want to build an attendance tracker for my team . It is our company policy that the attendnace points you accrue drop off on same date next year . I am trying to figure out a way to achieve that

@Xeryar Fine, but I've never heard of "attendance points" in my 35 years in finance, Accounting and HR. So, I have no clue what you are talking about.

@Xeryar I think it is more about the format and what you need/want.  attached is a simple option with 1 tab tracking hrs worked or just attendance in a table and then a 2nd tab with summary that shows the "attendance points" (if i understood them right).  you could easily add other summary information like total hours or number of partial days or whatever you want depending on what you enter in table.

Date Attendance pts
Emp 1 #NAME?
Emp 2 #NAME?
Emp 3 #NAME?
Emp 4 #NAME?
Emp 5 #NAME?
Emp 6 #NAME?
Emp 7 #NAME?
Emp 8 #NAME?
Emp 9 #NAME?
Emp 10 #NAME?

this is what i am getting is the summary should show me the total ?
what version of Excel are you using? It looks like you are not running Excel 365
I use office 365 it shows the numbers before i click the edit button and then it changes . So is it only counting what happened in last 365 days ?
best response confirmed by Xeryar (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Xeryar I would check what actual version you have installed as the #name indicates to me it isn't recognizing the new functions I used in that sheet.  Here is a version using "traditional" functions but you have to fill down instead of it spilling automatically.  If you have Office 365 I would recommend you check for available updates and update your Excel 

This is Perfect!!! Cant thank you enough . Just one question is there a way for it to add half points too right now if i put 1 one one day and 0.5 on second day it counts it as 2

@Xeryar That version essentially did a count for any case it was >0.  That way you could put hrs works in each cell and have more info available.  You could change it to round to nearest 4 and divide by 8 if you want to use hrs or something similar but for what you are asking, the attached version will ADD every case in the last year (i.e. you 0.5 it will add 0.5)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Xeryar (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Xeryar I would check what actual version you have installed as the #name indicates to me it isn't recognizing the new functions I used in that sheet.  Here is a version using "traditional" functions but you have to fill down instead of it spilling automatically.  If you have Office 365 I would recommend you check for available updates and update your Excel 

View solution in original post