SOLVED

attaching a file and sending it with attachments

Copper Contributor

HI I'm new here but not new to Excel -although now I have to admit I've been a pretty basic user of Excel for about 15 years. I have to do something more advanced now.

I need to create a list of people, data including emails phone numbers etc... on the sheet -and then I have to add a file to that row - one that includes a resume. Not a link, but the actual resume -which is usually in Word or PDF format. 

IN ADDITION I have to send this sheet to colleagues and not lose the files attached.

How do I do this please?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

Hi @Elena99 

you can include the file using the menu "Insert | Object" (it's a very small icon at the far right of the menue bar)

DTE_0-1645173149835.png

In the Object window, first open the "Create from File" tab,

Browse for your file

Tick the checkbox "Display as icon", the other checkbox "Link to file" must not be ticked.

DTE_1-1645173304659.png

When you save the Excel workbook, it will include the inserted file. So you can send the workbook by E-Mail and it will still have the file included.

@Martin_Weiss thank you so much -this worked!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

Hi @Elena99 

you can include the file using the menu "Insert | Object" (it's a very small icon at the far right of the menue bar)

DTE_0-1645173149835.png

In the Object window, first open the "Create from File" tab,

Browse for your file

Tick the checkbox "Display as icon", the other checkbox "Link to file" must not be ticked.

DTE_1-1645173304659.png

When you save the Excel workbook, it will include the inserted file. So you can send the workbook by E-Mail and it will still have the file included.

View solution in original post