Assistant with adding up the number of Rows that meet multiple criteria

Copper Contributor

I would like to know the best way to add the number of rows that meet the numerous criteria on a different tab in the same workbook. For example. if 7 rows meet the same date, and an "x" marked in a different cell, and a specific text entered in another cell, and a specific text entered in another cell, then the value will show "7". Thanks so much for your help

4 Replies

@NCK03 

You can use the COUNTIFS function. For example:

=COUNTIFS('Other Sheet'!$A$2:$A$100=D1, 'Other Sheet'!$C$2:$C$100="x", 'Other Sheet'!$E$2:$E$100="some text", 'Other Sheet'!$F$2:$F$100="other text")

@Hans Vogelaaryou are AMAZING! That makes perfect sense. When I use your template, I still get an error message. Below is what I have entered:

=COUNTIFS('Monthly Contacts'!$A$2:$A$300="2/7/21", 'Monthly Contacts'!$F$2:$F$300="x", 'Monthly Contacts'!$N$2:$N$300="Lionsgate - Heels - 113105", 'Monthly Contacts'!$P$2:$P$300="DSS")

I am clearly entering something wrong. Any thoughts?

@NCK03 

The syntax of COUNTIFS is COUNTIFS(range1, condition1, range2, condition2, ...)

Change your formula to

=COUNTIFS('Monthly Contacts'!$A$2:$A$300, DATE(2021,2,7), 'Monthly Contacts'!$F$2:$F$300, "x", 'Monthly Contacts'!$N$2:$N$300, "Lionsgate - Heels - 113105", 'Monthly Contacts'!$P$2:$P$300, "DSS")

@Hans VogelaarYou are a lifesaver. THANK YOU! Works perfectly.