SOLVED

Assistance with "Fill Series" when referencing a cell

Brass Contributor

Hello, I am in need of assistance with the "Fill Series" option with a log I am creating for my employer.

I need for a number that is populated from an input cell to be able to perform the "Fill Series" option when pulling down the number.  

If the number is populated into the receiving cell (Example 2 Cell F11 (F11=C4) from the reference cell (C4) and I drag down on Cell F11 the option of "Fill Series" isn't there and the cells populated below are copied from the cells below C4.

I need for Cell F11 to allow for the "Fill Series" option as shown in Example 1.

Or is there a way to have Cell F11 populate the reference value of C4 and automatically fill the sequential series down to a certain cell (In this instance F11=C4 and automatically sequentially fill the series down to cell F35? 

In either instance I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thank you.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Michael1105 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Michael1105 

No, that doesn't work such way. You may use in F12 formula =F11+1 and drag it down. Or, if you are on 365, use SEQUENCE() function.

Thank you very much Sergei for your prompt response.
Unfortunately I am using Excel 2016, and as you are aware the SEQUENCE() function isn't available. However, your suggestion works for what I need to have done.
I appreciate your help!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Michael1105 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Michael1105 

No, that doesn't work such way. You may use in F12 formula =F11+1 and drag it down. Or, if you are on 365, use SEQUENCE() function.

View solution in original post