Assigning values to individual list items?

Copper Contributor

Excel amateur here... I work for a new home builder and I am looking to create a material selection spreadsheet that ends up automatically creating a building cost/price. My goal is to have separate lists for each finish/fixture that would be selected in a home build (faucets, trim, doors, windows, siding, etc.). So each of these would have their own list with the various styles of faucets, trim, doors, windows, siding, etc. that are available. I want each item in the list to be assigned a dollar value, so when the item within each list is selected, it puts the dollar value assigned to that specific item in a separate worksheet that contains all the pricing for the home build. I hope this makes sense! If any further clarification is needed, please let me know! I went on Excel help chat and they referred me here saying macros would be required (I've never used a macro...).

Thanks in advance!

Justin

1 Reply
Construction cost calculator

If I can recommend you, look for ready-made solutions on the internet. Why invent something that already exists?
There you will find on mas solution software.
However, since you are probably a civil engineer or architect, you are working safely with ACAD, where you can automatically regenerate this with the architectural drawing. Nevertheless, as I said, many suggested solutions on the Internet.
Creating a quick fix / worksheet is like telling you "please get me a custom-made house ready to take away in the next few hours". It is a big effort; you could create it as a work order/ commissioned work, which of course comes with costs.
Personally, I don't do commissioned work. I'm here to help people help themselves.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)