assigning same percentage discount to four different columns with different prices

Copper Contributor

I have a question. I am setting up an cost estimating spreadsheet. I have the same product prices configured 6 different ways on six columns with multiple rows also configured differently. I want to apply the same discount, per example a 10% discount to all six columns and rows. I created five columns with 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 percent discount. I wanted to configure the 10% discount to show for each cell on the 10% column. For example:

FOR 10% DISCOUNT:

Column H, row 217, cell H217 / to show 10% discount on column Q cell Q217 (column Q is 10%, column R is 15%, and so on up to 30% in 5%'s increments.)

Column I row 218, cell I218 / to show 10% discount on column Q cell Q218

FOR 15% DISCOUNT:

Column H, row 217, cell H217 / show 15% discount on column R cell R217

Column I row 218, cell I218 / show 15% discount on column R cell R218

and so forth. Need to do that in order not to create too many columns like:

a column for 10% for prices on columns H

10% discount for prices on column I

10% discount for prices on column J

15% discount for prices on column H

15% discount for column I

15% discount for column J

You get my idea.

Is that possible to do? I am not too fluent in Excel so I am doing this the hard way, try an error.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

5 Replies

@Canarian 

If I can recommend you add a file (without sensitive data) to your request.

This way you could get an answer much faster and more precisely.

Why does someone who wants to help have to create an example file

if the person who helped doesn't bother to create one himself?

Knowledge of the Excel version and the operating system would be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

The more I know, the more I realize that I don't know anything.

(Albert Einstein freely based on Socrates)

Hi Nikolino, thank you for your suggestion. I exported a section of the Excel file in PDF I am creating. I will upload it to my post.
PDF does not help, is difficult or impossible to edit, must already be in Excel.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Nikolino
Thank you Nikolino. I copied and pasted to a new work book the part where the issue I asked for help is. I cannot send you the original file which I have saved it on three different drivers for safety.
The original file contains proprietary info. The formulas are all  discombobulated because some of the referenced cells are not present on this sample. In this sample you'll see the description of the product (column A), columns H through M are four columns where different configuration prices are for the listed products. Columns Q through AO, are the discounts I wanted to apply to the products based on quantity. As you can see I had to created 6 columns (10% through 30%) for each different product configuration so I have 26 columns. Although it is not difficult to cut and paste the formulas, I had to go through each cell to make sure the proper referenced cells were correct and to make the necessary adjustments . Spent too much time doing this and was looking for a simpler process. This is an estimating spreadsheet for a small print shop.

I will place the file on the original post.

Thank you.

@Canarian 

Calculate percentages

How to do percentages in Excel

How to calculate discounts in Excel

Calculate Percentage Discount

Here is some information about what I can offer you at the moment.

Unfortunately, I don't have more time.

I wish you a lot of fun with Ecel.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you will feed him for life.

(Konfuzius *551 v. Chr. †479 v. Chr. Chinesicher Philosoph)

Thank you for your patience and time.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)