Array Vlookup Will Not Autofill

Copper Contributor

In previous versions of Excel I have been able to use the auto-fill feature when using an array vlookup.  

The formula is straight forward, I have data in column A, E, F, and G with column Headers in Row 1.   I am using a vlookup in columns B, C, and D to pull in data from another spreadsheet.  So I highlight B2, C2, and D2 and enter the following formula

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1$A:$S,{2,3,19},false) CTR+SHIFT+ENTER

Fields B2,C2, and D2 populate with the results of the Vlookup.  In the past, I would simply double click the fill handle and this formula would populate down through the remaining rows.  

However, since receiving O365 I have been unable to do this with this specific formula.  All other formulas such as =left(A2,2) or =SUM(K2:O2) will auto fill.  

2 Replies

@JSAB1924 

VLOOKUP returns spill into B2:C2 (you don't need CSE), with it double click doesn't work, with it autofill doesn't work. You may select the range and Ctrl+D.

Formulae  such as =left(A2,2) or =SUM(K2:O2) return single values, not spilled array.

Very late comment, but I was just encountering this problem and solved it. Go to the backstage (File tab)-->Options-->Formulas, and under "Calculation options," make sure "Workbook Calculation" is set to "Automatic."