SOLVED

Are Dynamic Array Functions not Available to Microsoft 365 Mac Users?

Copper Contributor

I've been trying to use Dynamic arrays on a new computer (Mac), and I don't see any of the dynamic array functions available (such as SORT, FILTER, etc).

Is there a setting that I have to enable to get access to these?  I've seen other threads where the language setting was tied to the issue, but I've tried several different language settings without any luck.

Here are my details:

Excel Version: 16.66.1 (22101101)

License: Microsoft 365 Subscription

Computer: Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Chip: Apple M1

5 Replies

@vectorfrog 

Doesn't make sense to me. I too am on a Mac M1 mini, Excel version  16.67, Microsoft 365 Subscription, same MacOS as yours. And I do get all those functions. When you say you "don't see them" what are you saying? Have you tried entering a formula that incorporates FILTER?

Here: I'll attach a demo file that incorporates UNIQUE and FILTER....see if it works. Add rows to the table to see the consequences extended automatically.

@mathetes 

Thanks Mathetes.

Very puzzling.  When I open your spreadsheet, I see the Legacy functions "_xlfn._xlws.SORT", etc.  Furthermore, when I search the available formulas, I don't see any of the Dynamic Array Functions.

best response confirmed by vectorfrog (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@vectorfrog 

Maybe uninstall Excel and re-install. That's the only thing I could think of. Do you have just the one Mac under your subscription?

(I'm spoiled; have an older MacBook Air as well as the M1 Mini, both up-to-date with the same OS and current versions of Excel; and both have all the Dynamic Array functions.  But if you were to have another Mac under your subscription, it would certainly warrant checking to see whether the other one does have access to those functions.)

@mathetes, that did the trick. Thank you so much for helping me out. You are a scholar and a gentleman!
You're very welcome. I'm so glad it worked. Always great to help a fellow M1 Mini user.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by vectorfrog (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@vectorfrog 

Maybe uninstall Excel and re-install. That's the only thing I could think of. Do you have just the one Mac under your subscription?

(I'm spoiled; have an older MacBook Air as well as the M1 Mini, both up-to-date with the same OS and current versions of Excel; and both have all the Dynamic Array functions.  But if you were to have another Mac under your subscription, it would certainly warrant checking to see whether the other one does have access to those functions.)

View solution in original post