SOLVED

Applying Conditional Formatting Across Cells

Copper Contributor

I would very much appreciate if anyone could help me out with a conditional formatting question please.  I have searched and cannot find an answer to my specific question.  My question is, can conditional formatting be used to highlight multiple cells based on the value in that cell being between two particular values?

For example, here is a snapshot of a spreadsheet I'm working on:

MrBarrington_0-1680184002197.png

..and here are my conditional formatting rules relative to that section:

MrBarrington_1-1680184262753.png

As you can see, the student in row 4 achieved 47%, and the conditional formatting that I have currently set up changed C4 to yellow once I entered the grade.  However, what I would like to happen is that whatever grade I enter into C4 causes A4, B4, and C4 to change to yellow.

What modification can I make to my formula to achieve this?  Thank you in advance!

5 Replies

@MrBarrington 

=AND($C4>=40,$C4<=59)

You can apply rules for conditional formatting according to the above rule for yellow.

conditional formatting.JPG 

@OliverScheurich Thanks so much for the quick response!  I can't get it work though.  I have applied the formula you suggest, as follows...

MrBarrington_0-1680191041353.png

…but now nothing is highlighted.

MrBarrington_1-1680191108319.png

Sorry if I'm being a  bit stupid.  I really do appreciate your help on this!

@MrBarrington 

You have no one rule which is triggered by cell value 0.47 in C4

best response confirmed by MrBarrington (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MrBarrington 

Unfortunately i didn't take into account the percentage format. In the attached file you can try the updated rules according to the meanwhile provided solution.

conditional formatting update.JPG

Amazing!! This works! Thank you so much @OliverScheurich and @Sergei Baklan. I really appreciate your help.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MrBarrington (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MrBarrington 

Unfortunately i didn't take into account the percentage format. In the attached file you can try the updated rules according to the meanwhile provided solution.

conditional formatting update.JPG

View solution in original post