Applying A Price Increase

Copper Contributor

Hi team.  I need to apply a 5% increase to all dollar values in a spreadsheet that is FULL of imbedded formulas.  Is there a simple way of doing that?  Other than manually?

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Julie

7 Replies

Hi @paul_julz 

Maybe provide a screen shot or sample file of what you are working with if possible.  Hard to know what to answer without seeing what you are working with.

We can assess it once we see the example?

Cheers

Damien

Hi there

Thanks for answering.  I have attached the spreadsheet which I was trying to do all of that manually, but there is no much imbedded in it that I just can't work out how to do it.

Cheers

Julie

Hi @paul_julz 

Thanks for the sample.

There's a lot here and I'm not sure which sheet you are looking to do this on and where you expect to see the result.

Are you able to please provide some specifics so we can advise on the best way forward? E.g. on what tab and which cells you want something in, etc.

Cheers

Damien

Hi there

In particular, I am looking at all dollar values on the parts pricing tab and the glass price list.  Does that make sense?

Cheers

Julie

Hi @paul_julz 

Yup got you now. I'm not a maths expert, but wouldn't increasing values in column Z, AA, AB, AC achieve that as the other fields in GlassList tab reference them?

Similar suggestion for Parts Pricing tab values in say column T.

Cheers

Damien

Legendry.  I think that might actually work.  It's a spreadsheet I have inherited, and is basically the bane of my life.  I will have a play and let you know how I get on.  Is there a cheeky formula you can apply to change all the values in a column by 1.05% or just copy =Z3*1.05 down all the rows?

Hi @paul_julz 

I agree this is a difficult spreadsheet!

I've mocked up how you might go about doing the 5% increase. See Sheet 1 in the attached doc.

I then copied the table with the 5% increase and pasted with values over the current ones to ensure that your source table has been updated with the newest values and not the formulas which will break the spreadsheet.

capture20190225114715687.png

See how you go?

Cheers

Damien