Anyone know how to keep values increasing referencing another column?

Copper Contributor

The example is based on 100 but you could also do it in degrees like a compass rose. I have a list in "A"  of values that basically depict points that go around a circle. I need to have the result column B continually count up so each time it passes "North" say, it adds another 360 or set value ( 100 in my example) so that the values continue to increase from the previous cell. IE: 2.5 times around the circle would result in "250". SUM does not work, it gives erroneous results for what I need. I don't even know if this is possible without VBA or some sort of code but that's way beyond my capability (and then I'd be unable to t/s or modify it). TIA!

5 Replies

B2 and copy down

=IFERROR(A2+IF(A2<A1,B1-A1+100,B1-A1),A2)

Wow, that was fast, Big Thanks! I see where I went wrong, too.

After working with that I realize I spoke too soon, that doesn't work, it's only referencing the B column I put in manually. I need the formula to actually generate that B column correctly!  @Peevil 

it will if you start the formula in B2. The "IFERROR" part is to copy the first value into B. After that it will use the values you create.
Ah, I see, I must've done it wrong because I kept getting REF! errors or all "0", I got it, it works! Thank You so much! (and you make it look easy, lol!)