SOLVED

Any formula for cartesian coordinates applicable to building construction?

Copper Contributor

In a building plan drawing, it contains gridlines in X & Y directions. Taking a drawing as an example, gridlines A to F in X direction and gridline 1 to 6 in Y direction. Gridline B is 1000 offset from the origin and gridline 2 is 2000 offset from the origin. A column has been named as B2 for the sake of gridline location. Can I simply type B2 and the next cell will disply (1000, 2000)? How to set up such kind of formula?

Thanks

6 Replies

@youngken The attached file contains just a few possible solution. See which one suits you best.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Thanks Riny.

What if the Gridline in Y direction with 2 digits number, such as 11,12... etc. Is it possible to work out a  solution?

Thanks

@youngken Not sure what you mean. And perhaps you should not mark your own follow-up question as the "best answer". 

If a drawing as an example, gridlines A to F in X direction and gridline 1 to 12 in Y direction. If it possible to find a solution?

@youngken Well, I guess you can extend the Y direction to how many lines you want. Just follow the logic in either of the formulae I suggested. Which one works best for you? XLOOKUP, LOOKUP or MATCH?

best response confirmed by youngken (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Xlookup is the best, maybe I rename the 1 to 12 to small capital alphabet.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by youngken (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Xlookup is the best, maybe I rename the 1 to 12 to small capital alphabet.

View solution in original post