Anchoring columns and lines when printing multiple pages

Copper Contributor

In the current Excel, I am unable to print column headings (1 or more rows) or anchor columns when printing multiple pages.  For example, a spreadsheet with two or three pages of columns of data, and two or three pages of names in Column A.  I want to show the column headings and Column A on each printed page.  In older versions of Excel, this was easily accomplished, but I cannot determine how to do it in the current version.

5 Replies

@YankFanLarry1943 

You do this in Page Setup. Has been like that in all versions of Excel I've worked with for many years. On the Page Layout ribbon you'll find a button Print Titles as shown below. There you can set the rows and columns to be printed on each page.

Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 10.23.06.png

PS: I'm on a Mac, so your icons may look a bit different if you are not.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Thank you.  On older versions (at least on PC's), I didn't have to go through Page Layout to do this on the Page Setup spot.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Simple questions - What is meant by entering the "reverence" of the column headings I want to repeat at the top of each page?

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Sorry I misspelled in the earlier question.  What is meant by entering the 'reference' of the column headings you want to repeat on each page?

Thanks

@Carole813 Sorry. Don't understand your question.