Analyzing Data in Excel

Copper Contributor

Hello, I am from a small, Liberal Arts University. We are looking for SPSS alternatives. Are there courses that can teach our professors about using Excel for analysis?

3 Replies

@SarahL44883 

Of course.

I find it hard to believe that there's any school so small that your professors aren't already aware of Excel, first of all, although I will grant that they may need assistance in learning the nuances of statistical analysis using Excel. I know if I were in their shoes, I'd start with some printed texts on that subject, readily available at places like Amazon. Here's a starter list for you.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=statistics+in+excel&crid=1SLACTKLTU6SD&sprefix=statistics+in+Excel%2Cap...

@mathetes 

Most of us are coming from larger universities and have been trained in SPSS. 

I have been talking with people about analysis in Excel and there are concerns about the standard deviation calculations. Is this still an issue? 

Thank you for the reading list. 

@SarahL44883 

I have been talking with people about analysis in Excel and there are concerns about the standard deviation calculations. Is this still an issue?

I'll have to defer to others with direct experience on that particular question. I was just tackling the broader question.