SOLVED

Analysis Toolpak add-in

Copper Contributor

I have tried following the steps below to install the Analysis ToolPak onto my Excel. 

1. Click the File tab, click Options, and then click the Add-Ins category.

If you're using Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button Office button image , and then click Excel Options

2. In the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins and then click Go.

If you're using Excel for Mac, in the file menu go to Tools > Excel Add-ins.

3. In the Add-Ins box, check the Analysis ToolPak check box, and then click OK.

• If Analysis ToolPak is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate it.

• If you are prompted that the Analysis ToolPak is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.

However, when I reach the stage where I am prompted to install the Analysis ToolPak onto my computer, I click Yes and receive the following:

Error 1706: Setpud cannot find the required files. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive.

I need a solution urgently as I have a deadline on the work I'm trying to complete.

Thanks,

Aleks Duvnjak

18 Replies

Hi Aleks,

The Analysis Toolpak ships as a part of Office, so there's no download for it. Do a search in your OS/Office drive for Analys32.xll. Once you find it, you should be able to use that in the add-in browse location dialog.

For me, it's here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\Library\Analysis

HTH

I found this addin file in the below location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\Library\Analysis\ANALYS32.XLL

However when I tried to add it into the Excel COM Addin dialog box, I got an error message indicating that its not a valid addin!

Try the Excel Add-ins option instead. You should see it listed in that dialog, so just check the box next to it.

Add-in dialog.png

best response confirmed by Smitty Smith (Microsoft)
Solution
Thanks Smitty!

Hi @Smitty Smith ,

I am having some trouble as well - I follow the instructions & tick the Analysis ToolPak add-in but when I click okay it doesn't do anything. Help - also on a deadline! I need boxplots that's why I'm trying to add this. Any ideas?

Thanks

@tamra261 - It doesn't really do anything from that dialog other than activate it. Once you activate it through the add-ins menu, go to the Data tab, and look for the Analysis group. 

@tamra261Hello, have you gotten this fixed?  I am having the same problem and cannot seem to move on.  I have followed all of the steps outlined but the toolpak still doens't show up in the ribbon.  

@MarlonD Are you looking at the Data tab after you activate the Analysis Toolpak? Here's what it looks like in my Excel for O365.

Analysis Toolpak on the Data tabAnalysis Toolpak on the Data tab

@Smitty Smiththanks for the quick response.  I am seeing that but i am expecting to see the Analysis option under the Add-in tab, which I am not seeing.  Actually, I am trying to conduct a test of multicollinearity on some data.  The Add-in tab keeps appearing and disappearing.  When it appears though, only the "Tanagra" add-in (a data mining software I sometimes use) is there, nothing else. 

@MarlonD That's because the Analysis Toolpak is only loaded on the Data tab. The add-ins tab appearing/disappearing sounds like something dynamically loading/unloading your Tanagra add-in. That's not the Analysis Toolpak doing anything.

@Smitty SmithThanks much.  I see your point!  I was still expecting to see Multicollinearity test as an option but I'll try to figure it out.  Will let you know if I am successful.  

I am trying to download the Analysis ToolPak. I got to word/file/add-ins but the option to choose Analysis ToolPak is not an option. I read to choose browser and search for it but there is alsono browser on link. Not sure what to do and my assignment is due today. Your help would be greatly appreciated @Smitty Smith 

@SamVT It's an Excel add-in. ;)

Following up on your PM, here's a link to how to create a Histogram once you have it installed: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-the-Analysis-ToolPak-to-perform-complex-data-analysis-6...

@Smitty Smith  I'm using excel 16.31 (ms365) on a Mac, and when I don't see the Analysis Tookpak anywhere in the add-in's menu.  And when I search for it it doesn't find it anywhere either. 

clipboard_image_0.png

@dprusso For Mac, go to Tools > Excel add-ins > Analysis ToolPak. It will then show up on the Data tab as a button labeled Data Analysis.

@Smitty Smith 

i ave activated the Analysis Toolpak add-in for my Excel 2016 and when I look under data tab there is no analysis sub tab showing. i ve checked my trust center to see if there was any block for .XLL files but there is no block. What could be preventing the add ins to show on my bar? is there another way to have the analysis toolpak run?Activate.PNGData tab.PNGTrust Center settings.PNG

@Piero85 I am having the same issue. everything is installed an well but it doesn't show the analysis toolpak in my bar.

i'm trying to find the add-ins option. but following the instructions given " go to file>> options>> add-ins"  when i open file there is no "options" only settings

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Smitty Smith (Microsoft)
Solution