Alternative for SEQUENCE function on EXCEL 2019

Copper Contributor

Hello.

I am using the Excel 2019 and i want to create a sequence of dates number that depends on a selected month of a year from a data validation list (screenshot). I can do that on Excel 365 (web version) using the function "=SEQUENCE(1;DAY(EOMONTH(C2;0)))" (where C2 is the selected month & year. It works on Excel 365 but not in 2019.

Is there any alternative function for the 2019 version?

Thank you!

8 Replies

@charitos89 

SEQUENCE function

Note: This function is currently available to Microsoft 365 subscribers in Current Channel. It will be available to Microsoft 365 subscribers in Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel starting in July 2020.

For more information on how features are rolled out to Microsoft 365 subscribers, see When do I get the newest features for Microsoft 365.

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

I already knew that @NikolinoDE. I am searching for the alternative of SEQUENCE function.

@charitos89 

Try this:

=TRANSPOSE(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&DAY(EOMONTH(C2,0)))))

@charitos89 

You are absolutely right, sometimes thoughts fly faster than the eye can read :).

In my hurry, I did not read the entire text.

Here is some information from the Internet for alternatives to dynamic formulas.

ALTERNATIVES

Thank you for your understanding and patience

I think Mr. Lewin gave the answer you probably need.

Thanks to Mr. Lewin :)

Thank you @NikolinoDE :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:
It returns only the "1" number.

@charitos89 

Unfortunately I cannot test because I use Office 365 and the formula spills. However if you want to use in inside another formula it should work as expected.
If you just want to create a sequence of numbers in a row try this:

In C5:
=DAY(EOMONTH(C2,0))

In D5 and copy to the right:
=IF(COLUMNS($D5:D5)>$C$5,"",COLUMNS($D5:D5))

I have tried but it only return only 1@Detlef Lewin