SOLVED

ALT KEY for Mac Users

Copper Contributor

Good afternoon:

Is control, option, return the same as using ALT when using the LET function to make a line break?  If not, I don't know how to utilize the LET function in excel for MAC.

Thanks,

Pam

email address removed for privacy reasons

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Pam_Blassingame_Pam (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Pam_Blassingame_Pam 

Line breaks in a formula can help making it more readable, but they are not required. A formula with the LET function will work fine without line breaks.

To insert a line break in a formula in Excel for Mac, press Control+Option+Return or Control+Command+Return. If you have Microsoft 365, Option+Return should work too.

@Hans Vogelaar 

Thank you so very much.  I was doing everything correctly, but so glad you told me another way.  Taking a course on EXCEL advanced, and this one is awesome, but had a mistake in my formula (ugh), and nothing was working.  Have a great day.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Pam_Blassingame_Pam (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Pam_Blassingame_Pam 

Line breaks in a formula can help making it more readable, but they are not required. A formula with the LET function will work fine without line breaks.

To insert a line break in a formula in Excel for Mac, press Control+Option+Return or Control+Command+Return. If you have Microsoft 365, Option+Return should work too.

View solution in original post