Allowing Editing Access for certain users

Copper Contributor

I am needing to share a workbook with a team of people, but only allow editing access to three people.  How can I go about doing this?  

3 Replies
it depends on how you are sharing. OneDrive: I would let the sharing permissions in OneDrive do the heavy lifting by only granting edit permissions as desired. Network: You can edit the permissions on the file under a security tab in the properties to only allow edits by specific users Email: Use the "Protect Workbook" tool under the "Review" ribbon. You will set a password and only send it to the people that are allowed to edit.

@Jagodragon I am sharing via OneDrive, but am very new to using it.  Can you elaborate further on how to allow only certain users the ability to edit?

@KathySaldivar 

Assuming that you're using the the web portal for OneDrive:

1) Click on the share icon

2) On the line that says "To: Name, group, or email", enter who you want to share with.

3) Next to that line, select the permissions drop down. It looks like a pencil icon.

4) Select the pencil with a line through it.

5) click send

people will still be able to down load and modify the data, but they should not be able to change the file on OneDrive.