All legends not showing for chart

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I've created a chart with 5 data series', 3 are stacked columns on the primary vertical axis and the other 2 are lines on the secondary axis.  For some reason i cannot get the legend to show for one of the 2 lines.  When i go to add chart elements and select 'legend' it previews the key for all 5 (no matter the location) but it only every displays 4 of them.  I've tried making the bounding box of the legend area bigger but that make no difference but not sure what else i can do?!

3 Replies

@Joe_Manz 

Could you attach a small sample workbook demonstrating the problem (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar?

@Hans VogelaarI've sort of managed to fix the issue.... By using the quick layout function it displayed all the legends.  Still no idea why it wasn't working in the usual way though.

@Joe_Manz For the 40 data points I wish to display on my chart, reducing the font size (for example, from 18 to 8) will increase the legend display from quantity 15 to 27. But, it's still not quantity 40.