SOLVED

Advanced Filter Automatically Updating

Copper Contributor

Looking for assistance with trying to get advanced filter to automatically update when I add new information. I have tried changing VBA code (I'm not great at understanding this feature), but I think what I need it to do, won't let it work. I have a main data tab, that needs to filter out to multiple sheets based on multiple criteria. I can do it using the advanced filter copy function, but it won't update automatically, which is annoying as I change the data monthly and it becomes very time consuming.  

2 Replies
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@wbridgew 

Without seeing your actual workbook, let me suggest that there is a new FILTER function that is very powerful. You may not need a macro. Here's a YouTube video that gives a solid introduction to that new function--which would require that you have the newest version of Excel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

If this seems to miss the mark, I would invite you to post a copy of your actual workbook or a mockup of it, so that we can get a more complete picture of your situation.

Learn everything about our brand-new Dynamic Arrays and how you can use them to build advanced spreadsheets. Arrays (CSE) have long been present in Excel, but were limited to power users. With Dynamic Arrays we have rebuilt the calc engine, effectively turning all formulas into array formulas ...

@mathetes thank you very much, that did help!!!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@wbridgew 

Without seeing your actual workbook, let me suggest that there is a new FILTER function that is very powerful. You may not need a macro. Here's a YouTube video that gives a solid introduction to that new function--which would require that you have the newest version of Excel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

If this seems to miss the mark, I would invite you to post a copy of your actual workbook or a mockup of it, so that we can get a more complete picture of your situation.

View solution in original post

Learn everything about our brand-new Dynamic Arrays and how you can use them to build advanced spreadsheets. Arrays (CSE) have long been present in Excel, but were limited to power users. With Dynamic Arrays we have rebuilt the calc engine, effectively turning all formulas into array formulas ...