Advanced Conditional Formatting Excel

Copper Contributor

The Excel Sheet 

Dear Network,

I have prepared a Task Prioritization Matrix, I haven't been able to make a conditional formatting which can "Strikethrough" for the completed task: I need your help for at:

when the task is marked as "Completed" in Sheet1, Column E, so the task must be strikethrough in Sheet2! column D or F. It is important that the corresponding task is strikethrough independent of the task order in sheet 1.

- The excel contains 2 sheets, 1) data and 2) 4 quad matrix that displays the importance and urgency.

- Sheet 1! is conditioned upon [yes & No] furthermore the conditioned upon whether the task is completed or not.

- I have tried: =Sheet1!$E4 = "Completed", but it wasn't the right sequence, because it doesn't contain the conditions [Yes and No in col C & D] nor the complimentary task order col B in Sheet1!

- I have also tried to use =VLOOKUP("Eisenhower Matrix"!$D8;$B$4:$E$38;4;FALSE) = "Completed", it didn't work either.

ScreenDump.jpg

I hope someone can help out there, thanks in advance.

Happy New Year to all of you.

Regards

David

6 Replies

@david72st 

Please attach a copy of the workbook, or make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive or similar.

@hansvogelaar
Dear Hans
Please find the link at the top of my original post.

@david72st 

Thanks! Can you explain in detail what you want to format conditionally and when?

Dear Hans,
I have just add the explanation in my post.
Thanks

@david72st 

I don't understand the sentence "Sheet 1! is conditioned upon [yes & No] furthermore the conditioned upon whether the task is completed or not."

But does the attached version do what you want?

If not, please explain why not.

Hi David
I have come across your feed and this is exactly what I am looking for an answer to though my Eisenhower matrix is all in the same sheet. I want to strikethrough a cell when a task is completed. So I am intrigued to know whether you ever had a resolution to your enquiry?
Thanks Karen