Adjusting values to a new percentage

Copper Contributor

I have a set of data (in percentage) and I had to change the based assumed percentage to a new one how to adjust this new percentage for the rest of my data.

Thanks guys

4 Replies

@Sara Kaffashi 

With your permission, if I can recommend you, add a file (without sensitive data) to your project.

Explain your plans in relation to this file. So you can get a solution that is tailored to your needs much faster. Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

At the same time, it is much easier for someone who wants to help to understand the subject.

A win-win situation for everyone.

Please no Picture, even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not always in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases.

Finally, here is a link with information on how you can get a quick and precise solution proposal.

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Thanks, I have a 33% on the previous page and in the excel sheet that I am attaching I want to simply put a formula that in every cell be like e2*(33/49.5)

SaraKaffashi_0-1637783181674.png

@Sara Kaffashi I would give the cell on "the previous page" that contains the 33% a name, for instance perc and than use adapt the formula to: =E2*(perc/49.5)

More about creating named ranges in the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-a-named-range-from-selected-cells-in-a-worksheet-f... 

Thanks a lot Riny. I did the calculation and the results are perfect...you made my life easy