Adding stocks to the "Stock and Geography" data base

Copper Contributor

Hi,

There are some stocks that the "Stock and Geography" wouldn't recognize.
I have contacted the Microsoft help desk who in turn referred me to their stock data provider - Morningstar. In their reply they confirmed that all the stocks I require are indeed part of their followup, and that the issue is with Microsoft, however, they are reluctant to help.

Any ideas?

7 Replies

Hi Ofer,

If you gives us one-two tickers in question we could try to play with it.

Hi there, Please try LISP (Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Spruengli AG Participation) traded on the Swiss stock exchange Ofer

Yes, only few papers of that company

image.png

are recognized

image.png

@James Spotanski, could you please comment

Thank you for your reply, however, when I try to define LISP as a Stock, at the Data Selector all I get back is "No results found for LISP" Ofer

Hi.. can you please try MTL.PR?
That is the symbol for the preferred shares for Mechel AO (Russian steel producer). Mechel is MTL. Another one FNMAS. This is the symbol for preferred shares of Fannie Mae. Preferred shares are not being picked up.

Hello,

Can you please check VEIEX which is the Vanguard Emerging Market Stock Index. It is in Morningstar but I cannot get it to load in Excel using "Stock and Geography" database. Thanks

Hello,

Can you please check VEIEX which is the Vanguard Emerging Market Stock Index. It is in Morningstar but I cannot get it to load in Excel using "Stock and Geography" database. Thanks